American Express Credit Card: How To Login and Other Information You Want To Know
Looking for information on American Express? Here is all you need to know about American Express, how you can create your account on American Express and how login from any device of your choice.
American Express, also known as Amex is based in the United States. It is known as a global leader in providing financial services worldwide. This company provides you with seamless and convenient banking and financial services. American Express provides credit lines for individuals, small businesses and big corporations. They have a good reputation for their financial services in credit card, traveler’s cheque businesses and charge card. Their credit cards known as “American Express cards” are accepted by businesses and merchants worldwide.
The company has its headquarters Manhattan, New York City. USA. As of today, American Express control over 24% of US credit card market share.
How Many Credits Card Types Do American Express Offer?
American Express offer different types of Credit card which you can use to conduct financial transactions all over the world. At the last count, they have about 17 types of credit cards which include:
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card
- Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express
- Blue from American Express
- The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Hilton HHonorsTM Card from American Express
- Plenti Credit Card from Amex
- Blue Cast Everyday Card from American Express
- American Express Serve
- Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card
- Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass Card from American Express
- American Express Green Card
- The Mercedez-Benz Credit Card from American Express
Why Use American Express Credit Card?
American Express offers a card for every lifestyle. There are different reasons why you may choose to use American Express Credit Card instead of other cards provided by other companies such as Visa or MasterCard.
Here are few reasons most people love American Express Credit Card:
1. The prestige factor; most people love to show that they are with American Express, which is one of the most trusted financial service provider. Currently the AMEX Centurion Card also known as “Black” card is one of such cards to be used as a thing of prestige
2. American Express website is one of the best account management website currently. They are always innovating and improving their online banking experience.
3. They have top-of-the-line responsive customer service. You can easily get a customer service agent to attend to you anytime you have issue with your card
4. They have a “Membership Reward” program which is definitely a lot of fun.
Best American Express Card for 2016
Like we mentioned above, American Express offer various cards to suit your lifestyle. You can easily select the type of card that you feel can serve your lifestyle the way you spend. This company has a reputation for their great customer service and other perks of using each card.
We analyze all their cards and the following cards came on top for different purposes:
- Blue Cash Preferred Card best for families
- Amex EveryDay Credit card best for frequent spenders
- Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card best for Travel rewards
- SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card best for small business
- The Platinum Card best for premium perks
Applying for American Express Credit Card
It is very easy to apply for American Express Card; the first thing you need is to figure out what you need the card for, then you can login to their website and fill out a short fun.
American Express has a responsive and user-friendly interface website. You will find it extremely easy to create your account. Here is how you can instantly sign up for American Express Credit Card:
Type or copy and paste the following link on your browser; https://www.americanexpress.com/
There are few options you will see once you are on the site. The next step is to click on the “Cards”, you will see a drop down menu with main heads such as:
- Personal cards
- Small business cards
- Corporate cards
- Prepaid cards
Simply choose the one that suits your purpose. If you are a businessman, you can click on the “small business cards” to get started.
It will take you to the next page. Once you are on the page, click on the “Learn More” tab on the left side of the page to see additional information
There is a button that says “APPLY” on the lower left corner of this page. Carefully click on this button to start your application.
You will need to fill business information on this page. Don’t worry, it is not difficult, just be honest and fill your correct business information.
When you are done filling the required information; you can either save your information and continue later (in case you forgot something) or click on “Proceed” to continue.
You will need to fill your personal information on this page. American Express requires you supply them with information such as your name, surname, phone number, etc.
Ensure the information you provided are correct and finalize your application.
How To Login To American Express
It is very easy to login to American Express, just follow the steps below
Type or copy the following address and paste on your browser
Look at the left side of the homepage; you will see a small window with the cells asking you to provide your “USER ID and PASSWORD”
Enter your information (User ID and Password)
If you don’t want to constantly put your User ID and Password every time you want to log in, you can check the box that says “Remember Me”
Note: Do not check this box if you are using public computer
Use a virtual keyboard to add your information if you are using a shared computer.
Forgot Your Password?
In case you forget your password or User ID, you can still login by clicking on the tab that says “Forgot User ID or Password”. You will be asked to provide the 15 digit card number located on the front of your card.
They will also ask you to enter the 4 digit card ID for verification. Click on “Continue” when you are done and they will email you with information on how to reset your login information.
You can login to your American Express Account using your smartphone. You simply need to download American Express Mobile App for your device.
You can easily download American Express Mobile Apps from the link below: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/mobile/
From your mobile app, you can login with your User ID and Password.
American Express support the following operating systems